Every shirt worn helps raise CardiacStrong Awareness for Heart Healthy athletes, our CardiacStrong recovering patients and most importantly ourselves as Nurses. Remember that Nurses are the Heart of the Health care Delivery System.
(Whats your size and your mailing address?)
My main focus is to diversify and reach out to all the different races, ethnicities and ages who are interested in health and fitness. By having my CardiacStrong Registered Nurses be proactive for ourselves on and off the clock. We not only save lives, but are professional role models for our patients and most importantly for ourselves.
My new official CardiacStrong Movement represents all my fellow Registered Nurses, LVNs, LPNs, CNA’s, Respiratory therapists, Dietitians, Nutritionists, X-ray techs, Phlebotomist, Ultrasound teams & the rest of the Medical staff who’s part of the healthcare field working to incorporate Health and Fitness on a weekly basis staying CardiacStrong.
My NurseBrothers & NurseSisters staying active. Cardiovascular diseases kill nearly 1/3 women each year, killing approximately 1 woman every 80 seconds
Here's 6 great reasons to stay active as individuals in the healthcare system & continue to be role models for ourselves & for our patients.
Join my Proactive CardiacStrong Movement.
Here are 6 Great Reasons why we should incorporate cardio♥️
1. Heart Disease. Regular activity strengthens your heart muscle; lowers BP; increases "good" cholesterol (high-density lipoproteins or HDLs) & lowers "bad" cholesterol enhances blood flow. helps your heart function more efficiently. All of these benefits reduce the risk of stroke & heart disease
2. Type II Diabetes. This disease is increasing at alarming rates by 62% since 1990 crazy right? and 17 million Americans now have it. Physical activity can enhance weight loss & help prevent and/or control this condition. Losing weight can increase insulin sensitivity, improve blood sugar, cholesterol levels & reduce blood pressure.
3. Obesity. Overweight & obese conditions can be prevented or treated with exercise along with a healthy diet. Activity helps to reduce body fat & increase muscle mass, thus improving your body's ability to burn calories. So controlling obesity is critical, as it is a major risk factor for many diseases.
4. Back Pain. Back pain can be managed or prevented with a fitness program that includes muscle strengthening and flexibility. Having good posture & a strong abdomen is the body's best defense against back pain.
5. Osteoporosis. Weight-bearing exercise (such as walking, jogging, stair climbing, dancing, or lifting weights) strengthens bone formation and helps prevent the osteoporosis or bone loss. Combine a healthy diet & regular weight-bearing exercise for maximum results.
6. Psychological Benefits. Improved self-esteem is one of the top benefits of regular physical activity. While exercising, your body releases chemicals called endorphins that can improve your mood and the way you feel about yourself which after a run or workout you'll feel often described as "euphoric
Cardio strength training is the best therapy for not just your mind, body and spirit, but most importantly your high cortisol levels from everyday stressors that we may experience from work, school, taking care of loved ones, life etc.l
Everybody has their escape routes or gateways to channel out their emotions or high cortisol levels.
Some may smoke cigarettes, drink alcoholic beverages,
consume high calorie foods,
Gamble at all the casinos,
Party all night and realizing you have to wake up for work the next morning.
Seriously though nothing competes to cardio, bicycling, jogging or even as small as walking one mile a day makes a world of a difference!!
So I encourage you to walk with some good old music enjoying your surroundings.
Here I just finished running 10 miles and did some speed training at the end up the hill to build some strength. We have to be proactive for your patients & most importantly proactive for ourselves as professional role models in the healthcare field with Cardio, Cross fit, weightlifting, Sprinting and doing regular activity which help decrease Heart Disease. The reason for my new brand CardioStrong is to continue to do regular activity which strengthens your heart muscle, lowers BP, increases & good cholesterol (high-density lipoproteins or HDLs) and lowers bad cholesterol as it enhances blood flow. This helps our heart function more efficiently.
Therefore, All of these benefits reduce the risk of stroke & heart disease Like I said, anything that involves being active for at least 30-45 min a day increasing your heart rate over 100 to 150 bpm is the CardiacStrong goal because it pumps that fresh new rich blood through your circulatory system & sweats out the toxins my fellow Nurses. So I challenge my medical team have you done your #CardiacStrong itness this morning and how many miles have you challenged yourself to do?
-NurseMendoza ICU RN
How to do you stay healthy and or relieve stress?
Im all about being proactive on and off the clock my fellow Nursing students to decompress from nursing school so its time to stay CardiacStrong Active and move your gluteus Maximus by incorporating fitness in your daily nursing week schedule.
We had a Great turnout for my CardiacStrong Nursing fitness event🏃🏽❤️💪🏽here in Sacramento (916).
We jogged 3 miles,
Travel nursing opportunities, and had a great time.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: By appointment